There are several shared-equipment rooms available throughout the building. Please contact the appropriate department and/or faculty member to discuss using these facilities.
Instrumental Analysis Laboratory
The Instrumental Analysis Laboratory is located in Room C.216. Please contact Dr. Christopher Becker in the Director's office if you have any questions about this Laboratory. In addition to a Thermo DSQ-Focus GC-MS that is part of the Mass Spectrometry Center, the following equipment is available:
- Thermo/Nicolet iS-10 FT-IR (standard-path and ATR-probe accessories available).
- CH Instruments Electrochemistry Workstation
- Agilent 1200-series HPLC with a manual injection loop
- Agilent 8453 UV-Visible Spectrometer
- Thermo Atomic Absorption Spectrometer iCE 3400
- Hitachi 551 Fluorescence Spectrophotometer
- Sciex P/ACE MDQ-Plus Capillary Electrophoresis System
Biophysical Chemistry Laboratory
The Biophysical Chemistry Laboratory is located in Room B.313 and is currently under the supervision of Dr. Sung Joon Kim in the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry. The laboratory contains a variety of equipment useful to biophysical research including;
- Numerous Genesys 5 Spectronic, Thermo, and Varian UV-Vis Spectrometers
- Jasco Circular Dichroism Spectropolarimeter
- Fluoromax-4 Fluorescence Spectrometer
- Microcal ITC200 Isothermal Microcalorimeter
- Microcal Differential Scanning Calorimeter (VP-DSC)
Stable Isotope Laboratory
The Stable Isotope Laboratory is located in Room B.408 and is administered by Ren Zhang in the Department of Geosciences.
- Thermo-Electron Delta V Advantage Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometer
Physical Chemistry Laboratory
The Physical Chemistry Laboratory is located in Room E.222.
- Thermo/Nicolet iS-50 FT-IR with Raman Accessory
Electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) Laboratory
The EPR Laboratory is located in Room E.155 and is administered by the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. Please contact Dr. Pat Farmer about the feasibility of using this equipment in your research.
- Bruker EMX|Plus EPR spectrometer
The X-ray Laboratory is located in Room E.214 and is administered by Dr. Kevin Klausmeyer in the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry.
- Bruker / Nonius AXS X8 Single Crystal X-ray Diffractometer