- Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, scooters, skate shoes and other related items are not permitted in the Baylor Science Building. Bicycle and skateboard racks have been placed outside for use
- No pets are allowed. Service animals as defined by Baylor Policies will be permitted.
- Food and beverages should be kept in designated areas.
- Baylor is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- The BSB reserves the right to take any action necessary to preserve the safety of the facilities, programs, and patrons.
- Everyone in the building is expected to conduct themselves in a manner that supports the University Standards of Conduct. Should an incident occur that results in the lack of cooperation of an individual/group, Baylor Police or the Office of Judicial Services may be contacted for further action.
- No open flames other than labs are allowed in the building. This includes candles in offices.
- Extension cords and multi-plug outlet covers are not allowed on campus. Refrigerators, microwaves, and minifridges must be plugged directly into wall outlets.
Prohibited Items and Activities
Events must be consistent with the educational and professional environment of the Baylor Science Building and not simply social in nature. Events not permitted include mixers, talent shows, social movie nights, pageants, dances, dinners (unless a part of an educational and professional program), fashion shows, etc. Loud music, DJs and bands are also not permitted.
- No nails, tape, tack, staples, hooks, command strips are to be used in shared spaces, classrooms, or hallways.
- No crepe or tissue paper
- No paper ribbons
- No glitter or confetti
- No additional lights (unless specifically approved)
- All other things of this nature are prohibited.
- No straw, hay, evergreens
- No candles, open flames (other than labs)
- No paint, spray glue, spray paint or aerosols
- No painting in rooms
- All other things of this nature are prohibited
- Baylor University is a tobacco-free, smoke-free campus
- The use of any form of tobacco is strictly prohibited in and outside of all University-owned buildings, including those located on campus, in Waco and other cities, as well as parkin lots, garages and sidewalks.
- No animals, except for specifically trained service animals
- No firearms or weapons of any kind
- No alcohol, illegal drugs, or other illicit substances
- No unauthorized publications and postings (See Poster/Flier Procedure)
The BSB reserves the right to inspect and control all functions. The BSB will not assume responsibility for the damage to, or loss of, any personal property. The information included in this handbook may be amended at any point by the BSB Directors' office. Please review handbook for any and all questions.